CONCILIATION COMMISSION FOR PAYMENT DISPUTES
The Conciliation Commission on Payment Disputes (CCPD) is created at the Consumer Protection Commission in accordance with the annulled Law on Payment Services and Payment Systems (Art. 128 – Art. 136). The current legal framework is stipulated in Art. 174-182 of the New law Payment Services and Payment Systems (State Gazette, Issue 20 as of 6th of March 2018). The procedure for resolution of payment disputes is in the Regulation for the activities of the Conciliation Commission on Payment Disputes (State Gazette, Issue 101/2015 г.)
The CCPD is as a body for alternative resolution of disputes by a decree of the Minister of the Economy and it is included in the list in accordance with Art. 181p of the Consumer Protection Act.
Physical persons participating in the CCPD and responding to the requirements of Art. 181d, para. 2 of the Consumer Protection Act and to Art. 3, para. 3 of the Regulation on the Activities of the CCPD are:
The Chairman of the CCPD – appointed by the Bulgarian National Bank:
Prof. Kamelia Metodieva Kassabova, Ph.D. – master in Law, Ph.D. in Law, professor in Commercial Law. She has been Chairperson of the CCPD since 2010.
Members of the CCPD, nominated by the Consumer Protection Commission:
- Iliana Tsolova Ilieva;
- Hristo Krumov Trendafilov;
- Silvana Borissova Yakova;
- Magdalina Petkova;
- Maya Dimitrova.
Members of the CCPD, nominated by the Association of Banks in Bulgaria:
- Boryana Georgieva Georgieva – Piraeus Bank Bulgaria AD;
- Diana Tsvetanova Mladenova;
- Eleonora Hristoforova Ivanova – Legal Adviser at the Association of Banks in Bulgaria;
- Zhaneta Ivanova Pancheva - Kreysh – DSK Bank EAD;
- Ivelina Todorova Manolova – Expressbank AD;
- Ira Valentinova Zlatanova – Municipal Bank AD;
- Kamen Vladkov Dimitrov – Eurobank Bulgaria AD;
- Milena Krasinska – “Bulgarian-American Credit Bank” AD
- Minka Nikolova Tyufekchieva-Mihailova – First Investment Bank AD;
- Mincho Dobrev Minchev – Municipal Bank AD;
- Nikoleta Voinova – “Unicredit Bulbank” AD
- Petya Peshkova Buradjieva – United Bulgarian Bank AD;
- Svilen Vesselinov Zahariev – United Bulgarian Bank AD;
- Stefka Teneva Videnova – DSK Bank EAD.
All members of the Conciliation Commission have a master degree in Law or in Economics and a minimum professional experience of 5 years holding a position which requires a degree in Law or in Economics or a professional experience of at least five years in the field of banking or in the financial sector.
The Chairperson and the members of the CCPD are nominated by the respective organizations on a permanent basis.